English in the university

Hello! Today’s blog is about my experience with English at the university! I always been interest in languages so English was always a yes for me, it started when I was a kid with videogames, at that time it didn’t have subtitles in Spanish so you had to make assumptions of what the characters were saying with the vocabulary learnt at English classes in school!

I totally agree that English in University is more dynamic than the one I had in high school, my current teacher always does mini exercises, listening’s, vocabulary questions relative to a subject and she always asks us about the answers, we also have to do at certain times a dialogue in pairs in class. When I was at school I remember we only watched movies, and it was always with subtitles in Spanish, so we didn’t learn anything, the teacher was cool and the movies too, but it wasn’t very helpful :(

The other work we have to do in English are blogs, at first, I was really excited, and I still am! As the assignment says, we have to write about a certain topic the teacher told us, like What hobbie I have, My future job, etc. Those are one of the previous I did and they’re really fun to do!  

I think the aspect I want to improve the most is my pronunciation; some words are difficult to say and I would totally love to try to communicate with other people! I don’t want to embarrass myself saying the wrong pronunciation :( For this, I try to learn/understand English day by day, reading stuff, watching videos, or watching a show with the language itself, recently I watched Bee and Puppycat with the original audio without subtitles, I totally recommend it! Doing those things you can learn lots of new verbs, vocabulary and listen to people with really good pronunciation!

That's it for today's blog, Thank you so much for reading! Hope you’re having a great day, Goodbye! :)




Comentarios

  1. Oh! How great I will try to see it, thank you very much for the recommendation

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Keep going and don't be afraid of your pronunciation! everybody makes mistakes but that means you are learning something new :)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. What a pity that your school experience was like that :( and it it so nice that you liked this english course methodology!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. The part of videogames...I really feel that. Maybe the english subtitles can help too uwu.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hi Vale! Subtitles are helpful in learning English.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario